Thursday, November 5, 2009

OK, I think I'm on a roll....

Maybe there really IS always a silver lining. :)

My 2 day low grade fever forced me to stop. I had places to go from Monday night through today-

Monday night - Supper with Matthew

Tuesday morning - West Michigan Prayer Center Meeting
Tuesday afternoon - Lunch with the girls from the Tuesday morning meeting
Tuesday evening - attempt to make some things for the craft show Saturday
Wednesday - Kaden Day!!


Wednesday evening - trip to Holland with my best friend
Thursday - work at the office
Thursday night - Supper with Matthew (rescheduled from Monday)

Sheesh!!!

So, while I've been limply laying in my bed, I've had time to think. I realized this is running from one thing to another with never enough time to really do anything just craziness and I have to come up with a plan. I can't just run around like a crazy woman. I need to be a crazy woman with a schedule and a plan :)

I thought about the things I want to do, and the things I need to do and thought about how I could fit the two together. I realized there were scheduled things that I had no choice in, like the Tuesday morning meeting, and other things that I plain need to find time to do like make things for craft shows. So I thought of which days are already full, which ones aren't, what days would be best for what. I opened an excel spreadsheet and made myself a chart and filled it in! Woot! I even scheduled free time :)

Now, I know that actually implementing this will be the hard part but it's kinda cool to have a plan and a tool. It will take time to find out if this is the right tool for the job and if I can learn how to handle the tool.

I printed out a copy - on lavender paper :) - and tacked it to the wall :D
And all because I got a chance to stop and think :D

Oh - and I've decided that I'm going to add a picture of something I've created to each post. Here's the one for this post:



No comments: