Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My 5th grade graduation dress

***Insert Music - - "Memmmoorieeeeees......light the corrrner of my miiiiiiiiind......."***

Up in the attic, among the owls, country blue geese and old china, we found it. Unstained, not too smelly, not ripped or worn out:


The year was 1971 but you could have probably guessed that :) I am the youngest of 4 kids and shopping with just me and mom was rare. And shopping at the mall was even rare-er!! But there we were, in the city, and it was all about me and my dress. Add a pair of white patent leather mary-janes and I was on top of the 5th grade world.

Good times.

Maybe some day, if I have a grand-daughter, I can convince her to wear it for a picture.



2 comments:

DesignsByLashelle said...

Michele what a wonderful little dress. That is just so terrific that your mom kept it all these years.

chinamommy said...

Hi! just making my way around all the other W. Mich etsy blogs. I'm Misschell of chinamommy on etsy & here's my blog:
http://chinamommy04.blogspot.com/
glad i found you :)
~m