Thursday, January 3, 2008

Random Crafty Thoughts


Hey! Check out the bracelet I made!

It's for sale on my etsy site!! (www.craftinator.etsy.com)





Ok, the subject is......crafty stuff......

I HAVE to start writing stuff here and haven't come up with a certain topic but, as I was wandering the aisles of "Value Land" (one of my fav second hand thrift stores) I kept coming up with thoughts of creating things bing-bangin' around in my head so I thought maybe they could benefit yous guys and maybe it'll stop the bing-bangin'!!!

I just got an email from HobbyLobby - their Christmas stuff is EIGHTY PERCENT OFF!!!! AAHH!! Get me a drool bag!! So, here's the deal - Christmas stuff doesn't HAVE to be used just for Christmas! Red basket = Valentine's day! Green napkins = SOMETHING for St. Patty's day! Maybe stencil a four leaf clover in the corner? Silver, Gold, White = Mother's day, Birthdays, and on and on! And, yea, maybe buying some definitely Christmas stuff and putting it away for next year.

OK, another random thought -

So, I'm walking through ValueLand and, of COURSE, peruse the craft aisle. I found a few awwwwesome treasures! There was a bag that had one thing of silver wire and another of green wire - for 49 cents! Woot! But - - what's this???? small green glass seed beads strung on the green wire?? SCORE! heehee.

I'd like to encourage everybody to look for potential of outcast treasures! So many of the things at second hand places have TONS of potential! I found the cutest little suitcase that needs a little TLC and elbow grease, it'll look all cool-like - I just got it today so you'll have to be patient to see what it looks like when I'm done.

I also got a bead necklace that I'm going to take apart and make into other pieces of jewelry. I could eeeasily get two pair of earrings and a bracelet out of it! Heehee.

Kinda ADD today.......easily distraa....hey! look! shiny thing!!

Ok, I'll be done for today. Hey! Make something today!!!

Later.......


No comments: